Hoof Notes: Manchester United v. Stoke City
February 2nd, 2016 Premier League Round 24
MUFC 3 – 0 Stoke City
- The immediate reaction to a game where Manchester United seemingly wake up from a goal scoring slumber is to ask what changed? My answer is that not much changed. The goals were (excellently crafted) counterattacks that worked, where in previous games they simply did not work. Still waiting to see if they can control 65-75% (this game we had 55%) AND score goals.
- I would like to take this chance to reiterate my claim about Anthony Martial
- Mata looked like he was back in the bull rings of Pamplona delivering his special brand of paso de pecho entertainment for the crowds
- That said, he acted with the precise amount of astonishment when a cross actually made it down to his head and he wildly missed the scoring chance
- A quick word about Stoke City’s Peter Crouch. We’ve all seen him, we are all aware of what he looks like. Yet watching his elegant, spirited giraffe-like limbs outstretched for a cross will always bring a certain sense of amazement.