Introducing the new FIFA President Gianni Infantino!
It has been nine months since Sepp Blatter’s world completely fell apart and speculation began about who would be moving into his office. We all know it has been a long road of controversy for Blatter and Gianni Infantino has a lot of cleaning up to do.
What do you need to know about this guy?
- He’s very bald (we will expand on that later).
- 45 years old and from Switzerland.
- Was UEFA’s General Secretary since 2009 where he oversaw the expansion of the European Championship to 24 teams.
- Serves FIFA’s Reform Committee
- Have to imagine that helps inspire confidence in the new regime.
- In the first round of voting he picked up 88 of the 207 votes
- The first round you need to gain at least 138 votes, no one did hence the second round.
- In the second round he picked up 115 votes when only 104 were needed.
- This is not the guy the U.S. supported, that was Prince Ali bin al-Hussein seen below.
- Maybe when your trying to dethrone a guy who thought he was a king, you don’t want to replace him with a prince? This guy is adorable. What a fresh and friendly face this would have been. Instead they pick up Dr. Evil?
I feel like FIFA really needs to inspire some confidence and warmth right now and Infantino petrifies me. I question anyone who commits to running a razor across their scalp multiple times a week. Let’s be honest, this look is synonymous with villains.
- Voldermort – “He Who Shall Not Be Named”
- Dr. Evil
- Gollum and/or Smeagol
- Pharaoh Rameses in 10 Commandments as portrayed by Yule Brenner
The list goes on. But I guess that reform committee stuff is more important than this guys chrome dome.
Once again Ladies and Gentlemen, your new FIFA President Gianni Infantino!