February 13, Week 26
West Bromich Albion 1 – 0 Everton
- The lone goal comes off of a Jonas Olsson flick that rolled off of José Salomón Rondón’s chest like a tomato chunk when I am trying to drive and eat a hot slice. It was probably going in. But he chose to steal the credit Dirk Kuyt style.
- In the second half Barry and Barkley were peppering the net like they were preparing a beef tenderloin for a new Food Network show “Chaps with Chops.” West Brom’s defense was holding on for dear life as they were left to watch each near miss with their cheeks clenched.
- A few times in the 2nd half West Brom would show that they were still alive with an attack in transition a la Leicester but did nothing with the opportunity…because they are indeed not Leicester.
- Lukaku executes a give and go cupcake for Ross Barkley that is somewhere between Pluto and Uranus right now and should have been an equalizer.
- Everton had 76% possession,34 shots and 14 corners. On the other hand West Brom had 24% possession, 5 shots and 1 corner. Unfortunately in soccer you determine winners and losers by the difference in goals.